I’ve been asked a lot about mascara and what I would recommend. I always say Covergirl Lash Blast Volume in the orange tube. It’s been my favorite for years. It is what I always end up going back to after trying a new kind. That said, I want to branch out and try new ones. Especially some high end mascaras because I have NEVER been able to make myself try a mascara that costs more than about $8. So, I am going to share with you my list of mascaras I am planning on SLOWLY trying and will report back here each time. Feel free to join in and let me know what you think, or if you have already tried some of these let me know! I have simply been searching online and through magazines and wrote down the mascaras that I read about frequently or heard about in more than one place.
First, mascaras I have tried but that I did read about and seem popular are:
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume…….$6.94 (Walmart) *current favorite *also the 24 hr is used by several makeup artists.
Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara…..$8.74 (Walmart) **Another current favorite. I wish it were blacker though. **this is a dry formula
Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black……..$5.84 (Walmart) *liked but went back to my Covergirl **Used by a lot of makeup artists
Loreal Double Extend……..$6.97 (Walmart) **years ago, want to try again.
Now for the list of mascaras I want to try, in no particular order. Except for this first one. 😉 My best friend Lacie loves it.
1. Diorshow…$25 (Sephora)
2. Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume…$27 (Sephora) *used by Kim Kardashian
3. Lancome Definicils…$27 (Sephora) *lengthening may need to add volumizing mascara with it.
4. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara…$10-$27 (Mini available at Sephora)
5.Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara…$15 (suggested to me before I became a consultant)
6. Mally Volumizing Mascara…$28 for two at QVC – best price. $20 for one from beauty.com
7. Maybelline Full n Soft…$6.47 (Walmart)
8. Maybelline The Rocket…$5.94 (Walmart)
9. Almay One Coat Get Up and Grow Mascara…$6.97 (Walmart)
10. Loreal Telescopic…$7.78 (Walmart) **lengthening, may need a volumizing mascara on top.
So, this is my list for now. I’ll add to it if I hear of others. Check back often to see which I have tried and can scratch off the list! 🙂 If YOU have tried any of these let me know what you thought of them in the comments.
Also, if you have deeper set eyes and your lashes rub your skin causing it to smudge, even waterproof formulas. Try Blinc Lash Tubes or Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day. If you have another suggestion for that please share! I have two girls that have this problem and have looked for other mascara options.